"Nail", Cathar Force Warrior [Casca1967]

Trigger

This is a request for a character I play with my Star Wars group. He is a Cathar named Nyal, though he prefers to be called Nail, and he is a Force Warrior.

His mother and father were mated in secret (imagine that) and the young boy and his mother had to live with the shame of being unmated and being a bastard child; two things that did NOT happen in Cathar society.

Nail's early Force teachings came from short lessons from his father, who often came home to partake of Blood Hunts to purge his soul of the questionable actions he often took in the Clone Wars. His father taught him of the lost art of the Force Warrior, as it would allow him to use the Force but keep his talent hidden due to the rigors of the physical training and reliance of natural athletics. Later in his life, Nail came across the Matukai order and was accepted into their ranks and learned to further harness the control the Force gave him over his physical body.

Physically, Nail stands 6 feet 5 inches tall and is about 180-190 lbs. of athletic toned muscle. His fur is a dark gold with light brown hair that he wears in a pontail. His facial features are along the lines of a Puma or Panther, with sleek and angular lines instead of the more usual lion-esque features. His usual attire consists of loose fitting yet unrestricting pants and a sleeveless tunic much in the Chinese Wushu style. His belt carries his heavy blaster pistols in a quick draw holster set at the small of his back much like Nicholas Cage's Character in Face/Off. Since He has recently found himself in the Legacy Era, Nail has given up his lightsabers and began to perfect the use of the Wan-shen. The wan-shen is a weapon very akin to a Japanese Naginata or a Chinese Guandao. He has learned to incorporate lightsaber Form IV, Ataru, into his weaponwork with the wan-shen. A link is provided below of the weapon in use. The video is of a controlled form, so imagine the speed amped up a bit and it.

Personallity wise, I try to play Nail as a Shaolin-type monk who uses violence as only a last resort and only using as much as needed to resolve the conflict. Drawing his sabers is a last resort, and only if the opponent is beyond redemption and is clearly evil.

I think thats all. If I have wrote too much, I am sorry but I've been trying to play a character like this for over 8 years and have finally gotten a chance to and enjoy it so much. Plus doesn't it say to include as much as possible?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5LnpVJzPto&feature=channel_page the guandao in use.(also known as a kwan dao)

Trigger

Due to a change in the storyline (thank you GM), I have had to edit the original request.

"The battle is not always won to the strongest, but to those who keep on fighting." - Unknown

Trigger

By all means, please take a crack at it. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

"The battle is not always won to the strongest, but to those who keep on fighting." - Unknown

Trigger

Just to clarify. Are you going to claim my request, Casca???

Casca1967

May be in the hospital longer than I thought. All I tend to do in here is sleep. Once I am out I will put something up ..promise. Might even have my roomie scan it in for me and post it

Trigger

Honestly, I hadn't really hadn't thought too much about that. I think probably royal blue for the vest and either a dark grey or black for the pants. But if you want to take free reign and try different color combinations, please feel free to take artistic license if my ideas don't work artistically.

If there is anything else you need, don't hesitate to ask.

Trigger

Since the portrait is done and posted and since Casca has moved to other requests, I am willing to consider it done.

And once more, I would like to say thank you to casca for taking the request and doing an awesome job!!!