Summer Movies 2008

Hisham

So what are you guys looking forward to watching on the big screen?

I thought nothing can top last year's super geek out with Transformers.

But this year we have Indiana Jones and the Somewhat Long Title, Hellboy 2: The Golden Army, Hancock, Prince Caspian, Speed Racer, X-Files: I Want to Believe, The Incredible Hulk (with the Tony Stark cameo)and coming up in 6 days here Tony Stark himself Iron Man which I intend to watch on the 30th. Not to say all of them will turn out awesome, but that is an awesome geek movie line-up for this year. Too bad Star Trek is delayed until next year.

This is a community! Discuss! Communitize!

JawaStu

Iron Man is top of my list, he always was my favourite Marvel superhero. Hulk looks awesome too and I like that Marvel is trying to tie these franchises together... perhaps with a future Avengers movie in mind?

Wall-E, how frickin' cute does that look? I heard they have Ben Burtt doing all Wall-E's sound effects, so expect some StarWars references and familiar bleeps. :D

HellBoy looks amazing, I fell in love with Del Toro's style after Pan's Labyrinth and Devil's Backbone, that style definitely shines through in the trailer for this one. (Hobbit anyone?)

And the man in the hat, Indy IV. Let's just hope it hasn't lost any magic after (nearly) 20 years.

Not to forget... Dark Knight, which'll have a somber edge to it I'm sure.

Eclipse

Indy is top of my list... closely followed by Iron Man, Hancock, and Wall-E (In that order).

I'm pretty sure since it's mostly a Speilberg thing that Indy will be as magical as ever, and Iron Man just looks friggen amazing. I didn't realize there's an X-files anything happening. I will have to go check that out as I'm a HUGE X-Files fan.

Eclipse

JawaStu

I like the style they've gone for, but from I've seen so far it seems to lack the polish of a big event movie. I think I'm gonna treat this as a pilot episode for the following series and not get my expectations to high. Also, it's distributed by Warner Bros, so no Fox fanfare, which'll be weird.

Eclipse

That will be totally odd... You know I treated EP I the exact same way (big trailer for the next 2 movies) and I walked out of the film much more satisfied than most of my SW brethren. *shrugs* I am however looking forward to the clone wars stuff. Should be fun.

Eclipse

JawaStu

Ooh, the trailer looks pretty interesting and gives a better idea of the plot. I think Jabba looks great! :)

I tried embedding a flash version of the movie here, but it didn't work... The Full HD trailer is on the Official Star Wars site.

Hisham

Oh yesss. I saw that this morning and immediately saved the FLV file into my computer for repeated viewings.

In other news, within 90 minutes I will see The Incredible Hulk on an IMAX screen. Shame it's not an IMAX print though.

Casca1967

There are alot of movies I want to see yet....where are they all coming from. Wanted, The Happening, Kung-fu Panda, Hulk ( just saw it), Wal-E, it's a huge summer.

JawaStu

I'm a bit behind I know, but I just saw Indy IV last night. I thought it was an enjoyable and fun adventure film, though not quite fitting with the first 3.

Wanted is looking good! I have a particular interest in this movie since at my old company we worked on the mobile phone game adaption. Though I wasn't directly involved in the art for that game I did see and hear a lot it about while it was still in production. I have to say, the script sounded a bit flat and unoriginal (no spoilers here) but from what I've seen of the most recent trailers it looks like it might work and has great visual flair.

Asok

Got to seeing the Incredible Hulk last night. Way cool. "Hulk SMASH!"

Also bought the GM screen. Also very cool. I recommend it!

Boshuda

Hisham

I think he's born with eyeliners. He had them since I first saw him on Suddenly Susan. He still has them in Lost.