Alien landscape request. [crazyjayloc2003]

Xanamiar

I've made a new world in my mind, and have been looking all over for something that shows the planet the way I see it,and yet can't find anything that really shows what I'm thinking. I figured that I'd be a bit different and ask for the world to be done by one of the wonderful artists here.

Aliah is the world that I have created, and the Alians (Pronounced Ah Lie ans) that JawaStu has so graciously picked up for me, live there. This world has many different landscapes, from trees and forests to deserts, to an icecap, and other features. Basically the layout of the world I'd love to leave in the artists hands. It is surrounded by Asteroids on all sides, and has 14 moons. ((The moons are all up to the artists perceptive))

The picture can be anything the artist want's it to be, from a persons perspective on the ground, to a world view, or both...

The System it is in, has a blue sun at the core, and the asteroid belt that goes around the sun. The world lies within the asteroid belt, and is unknown to the other two habitated worlds that are in the same system.

I'm leaving the perspective, and the landscaping up to the artist because I want them to be able to have as much free reign with this as they wish.

Thanks for reading it, and thanks for any interest shown. If the artist has any other questions, they of course can be asked here.

crazyjayloc2003

im thinkin i may want to try this in a 3d render. it would be fun because i usually do ships, so this is a little out of my usual project description, but i like the idea, and im really seeing it! i will give it a shot, ok?

Xanamiar

Hey Crazy, I appreciate your work on this a lot... But feel that I should ask, why you aren't a guild member?...

Eclipse has asked all those who would like to fill requests, to please fill out the guild member application which can be found at the top of the page, called Guild Application... Would love to see you be a member ((and I really don't mind you do this request)) but When Eclipse sees it, he will ask you to please become a guild member before taking requests...

Look forward to you becoming a member :)

Xanamiar

wish I could.... but so far, I think he's a bit busy.... Hard drive space issues causing a ruckuss right now.. he's probably going to have to buy a new drive for the site. Poor guy... Hopefully he'll get you in soon :) You never know when he's hanging out.

Xanamiar

It's looking really good... can you make the asteroids a bit thicker ((Maybe another layer behind that layer ... And can't wait til you get the sun figured out...

crazyjayloc2003

well i had a problem making the scene appear to have more depth because of the limitations of the tools im using. i tried to use a particle system, but it killed the glow around the sun, and i lost the effect i was shooting for. so i just doubled the asteroids, and deleted a few of the individual ones that were not cooperating.

now im messing with the glow parameters to find a balance somewhere and get it looking a bit better, but thats taking a while to render, check, and adjust with each change.

too bad i cant see the changes on the fly or it would probably be done already.

EDIT: well here is the best i could render

there are more asteroids as requested, but not really the depth i was hoping for. i may try the particle system again with a torus shape (like a donut) and expand it out from the sun to see if that creates the effect of an asteroid ring around the sun, and exclude it from the light system so it show up a bit. but this is pretty much finished. if that effect doesnt work then this would be the final draft.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t160/crazyjayloc2003/hidden/Aliah2.j…

crazyjayloc2003

ok, here is the final render of the image, i added even more to the asteroids, and you can barely see them in front of the sun, but it does have much more depth. the effect is a combination of settings in max and then final tweaking inside photoshop.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t160/crazyjayloc2003/hidden/aliahfin…

it took a while to render and adjust settings because there are so many faces for it to calculate. hope you like it!

Xanamiar

I'd like to say that this request has been completed to my full satisfaction, and can be moved to finished requests whenever you feel the need guy's....

Thanks Crazy, and I hope you get approved soon.

Xanamiar

Oh, and when you are .. Make sure you submit this to the gallery... it's a nice piece that should be available to everyones viewing :)

Evan Black

Wow, eager beaver! Fulfilling requests before you're even an official guild member! Blazing trails for anyone who desperately wanted to join the guild and take requests but couldn't... >:(

Xanamiar

He said he put in the app.. but since the board hasn't been able to publish, I'm sure that's why he hasn't been approved of... His work is quite outstanding... just look at his stuff in his photobucket. I mean really.. the day I can do This I'm going to work for Lucas.

Evan Black

Impressive. I have no doubt in crazyjayloc2003's abilities, nor in his impending acceptance into the guild. What I'm saying is what's to stop other non-members from taking requests and fulfilling them privately?

But I guess that's what the request board is for, right? So people can have their picture drawn by somebody? Guess I'm just a little rankled by the subversion, is all...

Xanamiar

yeah.... that's why I mentioned it, when I figured out he wasn't a guild member yet.. Can't blame you...

And if you want to do a version of it, and officialy claim it, then by all means, I'd love anotehr pic :) ....

Xanamiar

and btw, a picture of the night sky from the ground would be SWEET!!!! a landscape with the sky..that would look so AWESOME!

Xanamiar

Congratulations Crazyjayloc on your recent acceptance into the guild ((I looked at the member galleries, and you are on there now... time to put some work up :) ))... good to see it.